Tuesday, November 25, 2008
It'll be cold, but Michigan here we come!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Monday, November 24, 2008
This week, I only have to work for 2 days!! Whoopee!! So, today is pretty much my Thursday. I am so excited that Thanksgiving is almost here!
This past weekend was nice and relaxing. Garet and I didn't do too much. We did go check out Best Buy to narrow down our choice of camera. We are going to shop the day after Thanksgiving to hopefully get a good deal on a camera. I did find one I liked. I wanted to have it picked out so I didn't have to search for one on on Black Friday - cause I'm sure it will be crazy! I think I am going to get a Canon. It isn't a fancy one with lens, or anything like that. It is just your simple point and shoot camera, but I am excited about it :)
Garet went out this weekend with his chainsaw and chopped up some firewood. So we are prepared for the cold weather now! I LOVE having fires!
For Thanksgiving, we are traveling to Michigan to spend the holiday with one of Garet's sisters and her family. Right now, it is snowing and they are expecting about 2 inches. That should make for an interesting car ride... It will be neat to see some snow though, like REAL snow. We just don't get much snow in Alabama - or even in North Carolina when we lived there. Right now Suzi is getting a bath at Petsmart so she will be a clean, good smelling guest.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
2. Sunday morning, Garet and I had nursery duty at church. This was the first Sunday that we have done this. We decided to volunteer with the kiddos to get more involved in church, and it is also good experience for us. It went really well. We were in the "Inchworm World" room. The kids were just starting to walk, and they all did really well - we had one meltdown, but overall everyone was very happy.
3. Garet and I had a date on Sunday night, and we went to see the movie Eagle Eye. It was really good. It was packed with action! I love getting to go out to a movie every once in a while, we even got popcorn! Although, I have to admit, theater popcorn just isn't as good as Boy Scout popcorn.... and I'm not just saying that :)
4. Speaking of, Garet is having a super busy work week. They are getting shipments of ALL the popcorn people have ordered! I think they are swimming in it at his office!
5. I got my camera out this weekend to take pictures and guess what? It's broken! I am so upset! It still takes pictures, but the whole screen is completely white... so you can't see what you are taking a picture of. Since we have to have one, I figure I will just wait till the day after Thanksgiving and buy a good one. I am soooo mad about it! And it was my fault! I had it in my purse and dropped my purse... so sad...
6. So, the day after Thanksgiving... since I will be getting out in the craziness anyway I found the website of who is having what on sale that day. But I have heard that stores are starting their sales early. Hopefully I can find a good camera!
7. I just can't believe that Thanksgiving is NEXT week!! We will be heading up to Michigan to spend the holiday with Garet's sister and her family. We are so excited! I think I just might freeze though - I have heard that they had snow flurries predicted up there this past week.
8. Just in time for the cold weather up north - I just got a new coat! I am going to be prepared for the snow!!
9. Last year at this time, Garet and I were preparing to move into our house. Again, I can't believe how fast this year as flown by! I think I say that every year though. Anyway, we are coming up on the end of our year warranty for a lot of things in our house. Since we built it, they fix a lot of things within the first year. So we have to make our list :)
10. I find it really hard to get things done at work when I know I am going out of town next week! Is that just me? I find myself trying to decide (in my head) what to pack and what to make and when to clean and when to do laundry and, and, and.... I am a planner if you haven't figured that out!
Saturday, November 15, 2008
We went out today and got a new recliner! We have wanted one for a long time, we decided to make that our "big" gift for each other for Christmas - and we just couldn't wait :) Here is Garet in our new chair:
And here is me:
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
We are going to see him and my mom in a few weeks :) I am so excited! After Thanksgiving, Garet and I are going to catch up with them in Gatlinburg for a weekend. I miss my family so much!! Hope you have a wonderful day Dad!!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Suzi and I are having another girls weekend. Garet is away for work. He is actually camping out in the middle of Talladega speedway with a bunch of scouts. They estimated between 8,000 and 12,000 people that were going to be camping this weekend!
So, I have been taking advantage of this beautiful fall weather! There was not a cloud in the sky, so Suzi and I hung out outside most of the morning. The trees are almost all finished changing colors. It is so pretty to look up our hill at all the trees on the mountain. This one is in our backyard.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
I was there at 6:45 this morning and didn't get out of there until 8:30! But I did it, and I'm done thinking about it now :) I tried to miss the craziness of it all - little did I know that everyone with the last names A - F decided to vote at the same time this morning. I was almost at the door and they started calling all last names except A - F. Go figure. It was very organized though.
This past Sunday our preacher talked briefly about the election, and he made a point to say that no matter who is elected, God is in control! That is something I think a lot of people need to hear, including me. It is so easy to get wrapped up in all the hype of politics, especially when that is ALL that is on t.v., radio, even calling my cell phone!
So, go vote! Hope your wait is shorter than mine was :)
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Garet had some fun teeth, but I didn't get a picture of him wearing them... There were soo many creative outfits! We had a sponge and a shower, Uncle Rico and Deb (if you've seen Napoleon Dynamite), Fred and Wilma Flintstone, the planet Saturn and a martian.... It was a lot of fun, I didn't get too many pictures but you can see what I did get here. You can see some friends posts with pictures here and here.
I can't believe it is November already! This year has flown by!