So, I'm a little late... but on the 23rd, Colin was 9 months old!! Wow.
Here's what he's been up to:
- Jumping. He loves this thing! And I love it because I can actually get things done in the kitchen =) Not to mention he is so darn cute in it!
- Still wearing cloth. I haven't updated on this, but the diapers are still going well. In fact (this might be tmi...) it is easier to clean them now that he is on solid foods. If you get my drift...
- Eating solids. He is so grown up... he would rather feed himself. I still give him baby food with a spoon, just to make sure he gets enough to eat, but he loves to pick up food and feed himself. This picture was taken after he decided to move his head real fast as Garet was giving him a bite!
I have been making him flavored oatmeal (he is over the plain baby stuff). So far he enjoys the peach oatmeal and the apple cinnamon raisin oatmeal. Other than that he likes to pick up: peas, green beans, banana, peach, plum, carrot, puffs, pretty much anything I put in front of him!
- Crawling. He crawls everywhere! It's an army crawl, but boy is he fast! He pulls up on everything too. So... we lowered his crib. Just in case he decides to jump out! He is so strong on his feet too! He stands for a long time, so it won't be long before he figures out how to move around on his feet!
- Swimming. We are members of a pool here in town, and Colin loves to swim! He loves water in general. (His bath times are hilarious! We are both soaked by the end of them) He even kicks his feet when he's in the float. And he doesn't mind getting his face soaked with water.
- Naps and sleeping. We have finally figured out a good nap and sleep schedule. It only took 8 months =) He takes 2 naps a day, about 1 - 1.5 hours each. He sleeps about 10 - 11 hours at night. Sometimes if he falls back asleep in the mornings, he skips his morning nap.
- swinging. The boy loves his swing! Well he loves to be outside. And Garet can really get him cracking up on the swing!
- Drinking. He can drink through a straw! And he's really good at it!
What a sweet, red headed boy we have! And it looks like Colin will be left handed! My fear with that: how do I teach him to tie his shoes?! haha
Everyone asks me all the time "is he happy all the time??" and the answer is yes. He is a very happy baby! But he is a baby, and we do hear him cry. Not much though. We are definitely blessed!