Saturday, April 23, 2011

What's up...

Wow, I am so behind on here I don't even know where to start!  I have had this update in cue for so long - and so much has happened... this might jump around a lot!  Here goes:

We LOVED our church in Huntsville!  They had their baby dedication the week we left... so we had to get Colin dedicated before we left!  In the midst of all our craziness, we had my parents and Garet's mom here to celebrate this occasion!  The night before, we grilled out and celebrated Colin.  Then the next day we got all dressed and ready for church.  Here is the crew:

Colin was so perfect!  He just looked all around when we were standing at the front - he didn't make a peep!  What a sweet boy!

We had so much fun hanging out with the grandparents one last time in Huntsville! 


Colin has started to get really interested in faces... With my dad he kept trying to grab his beard, and if you have glasses he wants to see those too!  I love this picture:

Then it was time to move...
we had a few last dinners with friends, and then we had movers come and box our house up.  It was so crazy how fast everything happened - you can read the posts below for that summary. 

The house we rented is so cute, and the neighborhood is so nice!  We did get in and paint the master bedroom...
That's my dad - and we took down the curtains, and painted over the lovely yellow.

After staying with my parents for about a week, Colin Suzi and I are now making our home here in Whiteville with Garet.  While in Charlotte with my parents we met and saw lots and lots of people!  We squeezed in everything we could in those few days!

Since being here (less than one week!) we have almost got the house unpacked, switched our cell phones and numbers, got a big ole rug for our living room, got a new mattress, and are now trying to figure out where to hang frames!  Oh and we had our first visitors this morning!  My cousin was on her way to the beach and her car broke down - at our exit!  So we had her over until that got settled. 

We are now awaiting the arrival of Garet's sister - our first overnight visitor!  And Colin turned seven months today! 

Oh and tomorrow is Easter! 

I think I am caught up now =)  I will try to stay on top of this better! 
I slacked on A Beane A Day also, but I did get caught up with that as well!  Yay!

No comments: