Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend...

We had such a good weekend! On Saturday I managed to clean out some of our office - we still have a ways to go on that! Then we went shopping. We had gone to look at some cribs last weekend, but I really wanted to finalize what we want. I have mentioned before that I am NOT a shopper... and even though this kind of shopping is MUCH more fun, I still want to make a decision and not look forever :)

So... between both of the weekends, we looked at Babies R Us, Huffmans Furniture, and All About Baby. I knew what I wanted - I just had to find it. I am pretty sure we have decided! We are going to use a couple dressers that we already have... we just have to paint them. So, I ordered a couple paint samples of the crib to make sure we can match one of them. Hopefully we'll be able to order next weekend. I'll post a picture when we have it ordered.

I also got the book Baby Bargains. It was recommended to me by a few different people. I am so glad I go it! It gives me something to go off of - because I really have no clue what I need to look for, especially when it comes to a mattress for example...

Anyway, I am getting really excited about getting things in order! Garet and I figured we should take advantage of 2nd trimester (now that I have my energy back!) and get stuff done! 3 1/2 more weeks and we'll find out if Baby Beane is a boy or a girl!

Yesterday in church Garet and I had nursery...
we have done nursery many times before, but it has always been in a room with a lead person, and we are looking after the crawlers/starting to walk. This Sunday we were in a room, just the two of us, with about 10 or so 2 1/2 year olds. I think we were both a little intimidated! I have to say it went really well though. We had to do a lesson, which the kids did wonderful, a craft and then play. I honestly felt very accomplished by the time all the kids were picked up. :)

Later I met up with a friend (who is due the week after me) and we went for a walk downtown. The weather was WONDERFUL!! It was perfect to be outside! I am sooo glad it is warm again!

I will have to get out with my camera and take some more pictures! I have gotten slack lately!

No comments: