Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weekend at the barn...

One of my kinda part-time jobs is to house/horse sit for this couple when they go out of town on the weekends. They have 3 horses, 1 pony, 1 donkey, 1 dog, cats, fish, and birds. I go out stay at their house and take care of all of them. I love it! We found out early on that their dog, Rex, doesn't like our little princess, Suzi. Because of this Garet is never able to stay out there with me because he has to take care of Suzi at home - lucky for us we are blessed with wonderful friends that babysat Suzi. Thanks Taylor and Amanda!! Suzi had a great time and from their report, was a good dog! (whew, I was a little nervous about it!)

Anyway - I took a lot of pictures while I was out there, mainly just of the horses :) you can click here if you want to see those. Garet came out and I put him to work on Saturday - he got to muck stalls, get hay, brush down the horses, fill water buckets, and many other fun barn stuff! I think he had a good time!

The weather was BEAUTIFUL on Saturday! Sunday it was pretty gross, it rained most of the day. It is really nice being out there because it is so relaxing! They have a great piece of land, there is even a creek that runs along the back edge of the property. I just love hanging out with the horses! Here is a picture of Traveler - he is the one that I normally ride when I'm out there.

Even though it is work, I really enjoy it. I can just sit and watch all the animals doing their thing for hours! But it is nice to get back home! When I got home Sunday Garet had rented a movie so we got to hang out on the couch and eat popcorn and watch a movie on the rainy Sunday night. It was great!

No comments: