Monday, October 6, 2008

Catch up...

I haven't blogged in a while, so I will just play catch up! Things have been going well for Garet and me, we have just been BUSY! Let's see what's been going on:

- I am in two bible studies, one every Thursday night and one every other Tuesday. The one on Tuesday's is a women's bible study and we are going through the book, The Power of a Praying Wife. It is a wonderful book! It is nice to get together with the girls too. Thursday we are working our way through the book of Romans.

- This past Thursday we met for bible study, but ended up watching the Vice President Debate. I have never been much into politics, but it is hard not to get caught up in it these days!

- Friday we went to dinner and a movie with our Sunday School class. We saw the movie Fireproof. Wow! That was a great movie - I definitely recommend it! There were so many sniffles in the theater!

- On Saturday, Garet and I went shoe shopping! I realized that I was in NEED of some boots! (yes I said need, not want!) I am pretty obsessed with Shoe Carnival - they always have buy one get one 1/2 off! So obviously I have to get two! And their shoes are good prices anyway - and I am all about a good deal! Then we went to buy a good vacuum. We could probably make a whole 'nother puppy with all the hair Suzi sheds off - so we were in need of a really good vacuum. When we got home with it, I used our old vacuum in the living room. Then used the new vacuum to go over what I just did and it picked up soooo much more hair!!! Gross! So then I had to do the whole house! Oh and after all of that we went up to Monte Sano Mountain and hiked.

- Yesterday, after church, I decided to switch out our closets and put up all the summer stuff and break out all of the fall/winter stuff. Even though it has been reaching almost 90 degrees lately... Anywho I got all of that finished while Garet converted part of our garage into a gym (he just has some free weights and a bar and stuff). I went out to the backyard to read some, I was peaceful, and not bothering anyone, when all of the sudden --- my wonderful husband attacks me with a watergun!!!! Oh it was on! We were soaked by the time our guns were out of water! It was a nice break - and I needed the cooling off!

- Last night I made some Chocolate Cinnamon Bars. um... yum. yeah they were as good as they sound.

- At work we are trying to get everything in order for the Parade of Homes that is starting this weekend. We have over 100 houses signed up to be in it, and we have our Showcase Home that is opening this Friday - it is really nice!

- I ordered another painting for our living room and I just got confirmation that it has been shipped! So after that is hung we should be able to paint! I can't wait!

So that is it in a nutshell - Have you noticed how much I like to use the links? Just for fun, here is another one - I think this blog is too funny!

Happy Monday!

No comments: