Saturday, June 27, 2009

I love my dog, I love my dog....

That is what I have to keep telling myself.



When I got home from work yesterday I was so ready to start a relaxing weekend! Little did I know Suzi had something else in mind. Ya know the plants I posted pictures of in the last post? Well look at it now...




Somehow Suzi managed to drag (and break) it to the complete other side of our table. While doing this, the pot was tipped over and Suzi must have decided it would be fun to play in the soil...
To make it worse, I had just watered it yesterday morning - soooooo the soil was still wet - sooooo there is a huge wet, brown stain...
Bad, huh? Well that's not all... After Suzi played in the dirt, she decided to run alllll over the house with her dirty paws. Then she thought, "Hey that nice, light colored couch sure looks comfortable!" Yep, she walked allll over our couch. THEN she thought, "Man I sure am thirsty!" So she went in the kitchen and splashed alllll her water out of her bowl. So the kitchen had wet, dirty paw prints all over the place. *sigh*
I was SO mad, to say the least! After I composed myself (and took pictures!) I got most of the soil cleaned up. Then I stripped the couch. (Luckily we have a slip covered couch from Pottery Barn, so the cover is washable!) Then I cleaned the kitchen. About that time Garet got home from work. I had already vented over the phone to him, but seriously - nothing could have prepared him. He took the sofa cover and went to the laundromat to clean it. I made a phone call to the carpet cleaners. They seemed confident that the mess would come right out. Hope they are right.
What a way to start the weekend!
Oh and did I mention that when I was cleaning up all the soil I used the vacuum to suck some of it up.... annndd it broke. It stopped sucking.
Lovely.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is so crazy!! And funny, but only if everything comes clean! What a way to start your weekend! Those plants were so pretty too...

Amanda said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Suzi!! This is why we don't dare leave Ray inside. This would happen within 5 mins of him being a lone. I hope he didn't teach Suzi some bad trips during his playdate :)

Anonymous said...

Suzi, Suzi, Suzi!!!!!!!
Looks like "the crate" is calling your name.
I hope it was cleanable(and, I would have loved to have caught that on camera).
Love you, Mom

The Melton's said...

WWWOOOOWWWW! Never in my life have I seen something like that! I hope it all comes up....and that it doesn't take too long. What a thing to come home to. Best of luck!!!

The Melton's said...

P.S. I had to change my blog address. Creepy people I didn't know were making comments. Hopefully you can access it through my post :-)

Wife, Mama, Meghan said...

OMG!!! I CAN NOT believe that mess! I am so glad it came out. I would have lost my mind if I came home to see that!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I can only imagine your shock when you walked in! Suzi, on the other hand, probably had a great day;) It's very hard but I've had to remember on several occasions that most everything can be fixed. I'm glad it all came out. Too bad about the plants, they were very pretty.
Carla

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow, Kelly!!!! I would have had a crazy fit with Millie if she did that!!!! OMG!!!! I'm glad that the carpet came out clean after the cleaners were there!!!!!

- Laurie