Sunday, May 8, 2011

Trip to DC...

We went to Bethesda last Thursday (it is right beside DC...) for a memorial service for Garet's grandmother.  We left Thursday afternoon and got there around 8 that night.  A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.  I mean, it took us about 6.5 hours (we had to stop a couple times) instead of... um... like 13 hours!  Awesome.

So we stayed with one of Garet's sisters... she gave us some more hand-me-down clothes for Colin.  He had to try on this awesome hat...
while he was playing with this awesome whisk!

We took a long walk around the neighborhood and Garet showed Colin the house he grew up in

I don't know why I didn't take any pictures with my camera!  Crazy right?!  I took a couple with my phone, so did Garet, so all of these are phone pics.  I really need to get better about that. 

Saturday before the service we went to his mom's house to hang out for a bit.
(once again Colin found kitchen utensils to entertain himself)

He also got to hang out with his cousin Abbi.  She is the only cousin younger than he is (that is until September or October!) of his 13 cousins!

After the service we all went back to Adriane's house and had a nice dinner - it was so great hanging out and talking!  Garet and his sisters take a picture together every time they are all in the same place, here is the most recent:

I try my best to keep Colin on his schedule when we are traveling.  It doesn't always go as planned, but we do pretty well.  So, I had to bathe and put him to bed shortly after we all got back to the house, but before I did he got to cuddle with his Great Grandpa Steve
Too cute!!

It was so great to hang out with family!  And (if I don't say it enough on this blog!) we are closer so we can do it more often!  We left yesterday to come back home, but before we did we went to Garet's dad's house for a lunch.  Suzi got to play in the backyard with their dog (and all the kids, of course) so she was nice and worn out for the drive. Colin got passed around, and all of his cousins tried to make him laugh, so he was pretty worn out too.  And aside from a huge diaper blowout (I won't show you the pictures of that! haha) we had a smooth drive!


(and thanks to my mother-in-law for a couple of these pictures!)

No comments: