Thursday, December 22, 2011

Almost 15 months...


What a fun kid!!!!
We are having a blast with Colin!  I just can't believe he is almost 15 months!  When I was doing a picture a month of him, it was easy to do a post of his milestones... but now it is slipping away!  So I figured I would jot down some of the things he is doing now.

Colin is:
- waving bye bye and good night
- says a few words, although I don't know if anyone else would understand =)
  he says: hey, mama, daddy, Suzi, hot, ball, amen...
- we always say the blessing before he eats and he will be quiet while we are saying it and then say "MA-MEN" (amen)
- has started trying to use a fork (he gets the concept, he just has a hard time getting the food on his fork)
- running around everywhere
- dancing (wow is this cute!)
- sleeps from 7 pm until 7 am
- takes two naps, 1-2 hours each
- weighs about 23 pounds
- wears 18 month clothes
- loves to play with his cars and balls! 
- also loves to play with remotes and cell phones
- is such a BOY!  He loves to play outside and get dirty!
- can throw his ball to me, then catch it (most of the time) when I throw it back
- is shy when he is first introduced to someone, but warms up pretty fast, and then is all over the place!
- sensitive.  He may be all boy, but he is sensitive.  If anyone else tells him NO, you can see him get hurt feelings, which sometimes makes him cry.
  The other day, my parents dog took the stick he was playing with... that made him cry really big
- has no fear.  He likes to climb, and has just started standing on things (stools, his bike... whatever!) and he likes to just walk off things... the the bottom step!
- is so happy!  He does cry, but his is a really happy baby toddler!

I'm sure there is more, but I can't think of it now.  I will have to make a point to keep writing what is going on with him so I don't forget as he is getting older!

I have to write his nap and bedtime routine down so I don't forget...
Colin naps at 9 am, 2 pm, and goes to bed at 7.  He still uses his fire (aka pacifier) but he only gets it when he goes to sleep.  I will give him one fire, change his diaper, then pick him up.  At this point he gets his second fire (he likes to hold it)... as soon as he gets it, his head falls on my sholder.  It is the sweetest thing!  I sing a song to him (I sing "I love you, a bushel and a peck..." Garet has another song when he puts C down).  Then I lay Colin down, and Colin will start waving to me.  Oh it melts me!  I say "Good Night Colin.  I love you."  And I will wave back.  Then I close the door, and he goes to sleep. 
It is seriously the most precious thing!

No comments: