Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas recap...

We spent Christmas in Charlotte at my parents house.  It was sooo much fun!  Colin and I wrapped a few presents that we had shipped there...

He really liked playing with the tape =)
My mom and I got to go out and about some, which was really nice!  Garet stayed with Colin so we weren't on a time restraint (I always plan around naps).  While we were out we found this cute little chair, and mom said Colin just had to have it!

I had to agree!  He loved sitting back in it!  Actually he wanted to stand in it... but after he was told that was a bad idea, he decided that sitting in it was just as fun.
My brother and his wife and daughter came for Christmas too!  Morgan and Colin quickly caught up on what was going on in the world... 

We brought Suzi with us (of course!) and Eric brought their two dogs.... so we were a FULL house!  In my room was me, Garet, Colin, and Suzi... in Eric's room was Eric, Kailey, Morgan, and two dogs (Macy - a boxer, and Biscuit - a little white dog)... so we were packed!  But everyone did wonderful, and it worked just fine!
One day there, we decided to go into downtown Charlotte to see some singing bears (we had heard about them).  To get there we got on the light rail (a train)...

Colin just thought that was the neatest thing!  He loved to look out the window!  When we got downtown he enjoyed looking around at all the people and big buildings!  When we got to the bears, they had already started singing Christmas songs (they were mechanical bears)

Colin and Garet were so cute watching them.  But... this only lasted a few minutes.  The rest of the time Colin was walking running ALL over the place!  Dancing, singing, waving to everyone... making friends with anyone that made eye contact =)  It was so much fun!

On Christmas Eve we went to a service at church.  It was really good!  And Colin did sooo good!  In my family we always opened one gift the night before Christmas.  And it was always PJs... so we are going to continue that tradition with Colin.  Here he is opening his gift:

I don't have a good shot after this... he really just liked the tissue paper =)


Christmas morning!

We had breakfast then started opening gifts!  Kailey and I had gotten together and taken some pictures of the kids so we could give one to my parents.  I did this with it, except I used real canvas (got the idea from Pinterest), and it turned out perfect!

They LOVED it!

Morgan needed a quick nap while we were opening =)
Colin helped open one of his gifts, then he was ready to play with everything...

He didn't even want them out of their boxes!  This was a little cell phone!

 And he got a big bean bag chair!

Here is Colin and Morgan in their cute Christmas pajamas!

All my family came over to my parents house for Christmas dinner this year - so we got prepared to have everyone over (there were 28 of us!)

 But first I had to try out something I found in my stocking...

=)

I actually didn't take hardly any pictures while my family was over.  I just decided to sit back and enjoy.  But I did get a couple of the whole crew!

We had an awesome Christmas! 
And we are home now... so I am going to try to catch up on this blog!  It may take a week or so though =)

No comments: