Thursday, March 1, 2012

17 months...

I am a little late - but Colin turned 17 months on the 23rd.  I just wanted to make sure I didn't forget some of the things he is doing now!

- when he drops something he says "uh-oh" and points at it, actually anytime anything is out of order or messed up he says "uh-oh"

- if he has spilled some milk or water, I hand him a paper towel and he wipes it up... then throws away the paper towel (after saying "uh-oh" of course!)

- when we pray before we eat, he will hold our hands, then say "ma man" [amen]
- before his nap and bed I sing to him, he hums along sometimes =)

- if he sees steam, or comes near the oven he says "hot" and hold his hands up (like he is feeling the heat)

- when I take off Colin's socks, or anytime he is barefoot, he will spread apart his big toe and the toe beside it and look, like he's looking for something in between his toes... ha!  Who knows where he got that?!  But he does it ALL the time!
- when he wants something, he will point or grunt, so I've started to teach him "please" instead of grunting.... so now he says "peese"  It's precious!

- if Colin wants something and I don't understand, he will grab my hand and pull me to what he wants (usually it is for me to open our bedroom door - he loves to play in our room!)

- he loves the swifter and the broom

- Colin LOVES Suzi!  L O V E S her!  My sweet Suzi is so good with him, but sometimes I have to take her out of the room... I feel bad, Colin doesn't understand "gentle" yet.  The other day he went up to her, grabbed her gums and looked at her teeth!  Geez!  I am just thankful she is so good!
- he has started saying "moor"  [more]

- when Garet leaves, Colin will run to the front door and wave and say "bye bye" to him out the storm door.  He even gives slobbery kisses on the door!

- he still loves the bath - but now he has bubbles to play with in the tub!  He will grab a handful of bubbles and then blow on them

- he really loves books.  Sometimes he doesn't let us get through reading a page before he turns it though!  It is so sweet when he grabs a book, hands it to me, then backs up into my lap so I can read it!
- he loves to be outside.  He really likes the sticks in the yard.  And balls!  And dirt!

- Colin is so good at "helping" around the house.  He will help me put clothes in the washer, then move them from the washer to the dryer, then he will help me put them in the laundry basket, push the basket to the living room, then one-by-one he will pull out each piece.  It may take me a bit longer to do, but it is priceless to see him help!

- he waves "hey" and "bye" to everyone

- he likes music and dancing!  The other night we went to a fundraiser and there was a band.  Colin ran up in front of everyone and started dancing!  It definitely got everyone's attention!
I am so in love with this child of mine!  Some days I just stare at him and thank God for what a blessing He has given us!  It is so amazing to see Colin learning new things everyday!  He is such a happy kid!  Garet and I are loving watching him grow!

(so these pictures don't have anything to do with this post, but it's all that I have right now =)  He had so much fun with this ball!  But about 10 minutes after these pictures - the ball popped!)

No comments: