Friday, October 9, 2009

It's been awhile...

I haven't posted lately... mainly because things have been pretty quiet around here. Last weekend Garet was out of town. He had to do something for work. Suzi and I had a nice weekend. I got to hang out with a friend that I haven't seen in a long time, I made chocolate chip cookies (and ate a lot of them!) and I made some bread. It is the BEST bread I've ever made! It was an Italian spice bread, and wow it was delish! (sorry no picture - we ate it too fast!)

This week has gone by pretty fast. It is cooling off, which is nice. One morning Garet left before me (this rarely happens!) and called me to tell me to come out and look at the sunrise.

It was so pretty how the fog was low on the ground.

We don't have any major plans this weekend. Garet has a camp going on that he has to check in on, but at least he doesn't have to stay overnight again! Too bad there is an 80% chance of rain tomorrow. Hopefully it won't rain on Sunday - I really want to replant some flowers at our mailbox! The one's I have there now just look pitiful!

Last night Suzi was playing with some of her toys. She gets obsessed with one toy and just runs and runs with it! Right now the toy is a red ball with legs.... yeah I know, weird right? This thing used to squeak but, of course, Suzi took care of that right away. Anyway she was still having a blast with it when we went to bed. This morning we found it...
right on top of Garet's shoes. How funny!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Is that a picture from your front yard?? Unreal. Hampton Cove area really is one of the prettiest places in N. Alabama.