Thursday, December 9, 2010

Update on the cloth...

I have been using the cloth since we got back from our Thanksgiving trip, and it is going really well!  I think that when you use cloth diapers, it is a trial and error way of learning!  You have to figure out what works best for you and what doesn't.  Colin seems to like them just fine =)


I use the Flip System and so far so good... Garet is even 100% on board!  I like that I don't have to change the entire diaper when it's just wet.  So far I haven't needed any more covers than I have (I have 7) and I haven't gone through all the inserts either (I think I have about 30).  I do a wash every other day.  It is a small load because I was these separate from all our other laundry.

I have noticed that when he is wet, Colin let's me know!  With the disposable, he doesn't cry every time he needs a change... but with the cloth he normally does. 
I bought a diaper sprayer that attaches to our toilet, and I am very thankful for that =)

So, everything is going good with them so far!  You can see they fit him better than last time I put one on him!

1 comment:

Wife, Mama, Meghan said...

Amen to it being trial and error girl! I definitely found that out too, what everyone else loved I ended up haaaaating! You definitely have to find your own groove with cloth and I am so glad that you did! They are a really good fit on him! Fluffy little cloth butts are so darn cute!