Sunday, October 23, 2011

Apple Donuts...

A few weeks ago my parents brought us a big bag of apples.  I made it my goal to use every one of them... I made applesauce, apple cinnamon oatmeal (for Colin), Garet made apple pie, and I found a recipe for apple donuts (on Pinterest - which is totally addicting by the way!)  They are more like donut holes... and if I had to do it over, I would make them more round.


These donuts were SOOOOO good!  I mean, we finished them in two days!  And you bake them, not fry, so they are good for you.  (okay, maybe not really "good" for you, but baked is better than fried, right????  =) )  Go here to get the recipe.  The only thing I altered was I cut the apples smaller than "bite sized" because I don't like chunks of fruit (unless it is plain fruit).  If I had more apples I would make more right now!  Yummy!!

No comments: