Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Big boy...

Colin is in a big boy bed.

... and yes I cried.

He has done so well!  I am so proud of him!  I wasn't worried about it.  I mean this had to happen.  I wanted to wait until after all of our holiday traveling was over to make the transition.  Colin's crib does convert into a toddler bed and then into a full bed... but I am using that crib for Addison, so I wanted Colin to be out of it now so that he wouldn't try to reclaim it when she got here and it was re-set up.  We got a bed frame/headboard/footboard from Garet's mom.   (it was Garet's when he was little)  So, we got all the fixin's (ya know, mattress, box spring, mattress pad, sheets, pillows...) and did it. 

I wanted Colin to nap first in the big boy bed, in case it went bad it would be a messed up nap time not a messed up bed time.  But I put him down and he went right to sleep!

We peeked at him and that is the pic above... when I got him up from his nap he was completely opposite =)  Which is actually why there isn't any bedding.  (it is backordered and will be here in Feb... but C just kicks the sheets off anyway right now). 

He did fall out of bed last night.  It scared me so bad!  It was about 2:30 in the morning... I heard a big thump thump and knew exactly what it was!  I was up and out of bed and running to his room in a second - and I fell.  Not once, but twice.  And I got C up so fast that he didn't even have time to get a big cry out.  He fell right back asleep.  Thankfully!  I just didn't want it to traumatize him!  But Garet and I were awake for hours afterwards!  I was laughing so hard at myself - I was trying to picture my pregnant self flopping around down the hall into Colin's room!  HA!  Just glad I didn't get hurt!

Anyway, so far this has been a great transition.  So proud of my big boy. 

2 comments:

Us Daviss said...

i'm glad no one was hurt...but im laughing too ;) love him tons!!

L Davis said...

Kelly! you've got to be careful!
So glad the transition is going smoothly...that's a huge step for you all, and I'm sure you had a big cry...growing up is hard for the parents, too. love you guys!