Thursday, October 14, 2010

Buddies...

Almost everyone asks how Suzi and Colin are getting along...


Well, they are good.  Suzi is VERY curious about him.  Garet came home from the hospital one day to shower and he brought with him a blanket that Colin had used - Suzi could have cared less.  She didn't even blink an eye at it. 

When we got home with Colin, Garet and I came in first because Suzi gets REAL excited whenever we get home, and then we introduced them.  Colin got a few licks but I think Suzi was more interested in the fact that I was home.  She licked me to death!  I left here on a Thursday not really knowing that I wouldn't be back until Sunday.


Once Suzi got over the fact that we were home, she stayed interested in Colin.  Now it has gotten better - she'll actually leave his side!  But if he makes any noise she will run over to see if he is okay.  It is really cute.  She knows not to get too close, but every once in a while she'll get a lick in.

When Colin is on the floor, Suzi likes to know see what is going on...

--Side note-- The doctor said it was okay to use a pacifier, and boy am I glad he did!  Colin is a good baby, but gets fussy sometimes before he drifts off to sleep, so it is wonderful to give him the pacifier and he calms down immediately!  So... I had been saying - "Colin's paci", Garet didn't like that, so it is now called "Colin's Fire"  ... as in paciFIRE.
Now you know, when I say his "fire".


I really wasn't worried about bringing Colin home with Suzi.  I knew she would be interested, and she is, but I was sure she wouldn't be jealous or mean towards him.  Most of the time when we go to change him in his room, Suzi comes too =)  She is a good big sister!


Although, she seems tired from all the action...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

what is it with me and cryin' today! When you told me how Suzi loved on ya when you got home I teared up....
Suzi and Colin are so cute! I can't wait for Samson to have a little brother or sister one day!!! Lovin' the pictures!