I am going to start doing this every Friday (we'll see how long I go...) I am basically just going to list 5 random, or not so random things that are going on or that are on my mind each week.
1. Garet and I have decided to paint. We figured out a paint color for our office, our bedroom, and our bathroom. When we got home and put it on the walls - I only liked the color we picked for our office. While Garet was out of town Monday, I went back to Lowes and got 2 more colors. I love the color I picked for our bedroom, Garet doesn't. We both don't like the colors for our bathroom. Who would have thought this could be SO hard?! I am thinking that this weekend we will buy the paint for the office, and just figure out the rest later...
2. We are also going to buy a weedwacker! Yay! (It's the little things in life) Now that we have our fence up it is very obvious that we don't own one! The grass is so long next to the fence! haha We also need to start edging around our driveway and sidewalk. I am so excited to get that. Garet originally told me that he would pick the weedwacker, I could pick the paint colors. But now that I picked one for our bedroom, he doesn't like it... Boys...
3. I have been in search of a painting to put in our living room, and I think I found one. I love it! And there are 2 similar ones -- but I will only get one for now. It is really big too, so it will look good on our big wall. I am so excited!
4. Every week I try to cook at least one or two new meals. I really enjoy cooking, and I LOVE finding new (easy) recipes! I have decided that I need to start focusing on veggies more. I am a very picky eater, so I rarely make or eat vegetables. I am going to try and change that. I have found a couple recipes that sound good - and, no they are coated in butter, or fried! I'll let you know how that goes.
5. Garet had his 28th birthday yesterday! We both had to work but last night when I asked him what he wanted to do for his b-day I was expecting him to say go out to dinner, but no... his answer was "roller skating". huh? I was caught off guard. We have a place like 5 minutes from our house with roller skating, an arcade, and laser tag. So after dinner, we were off to skate! And actually we had a blast! We played laser tag, and won! [I probably shouldn't mention that we were playing against 10 year olds, and Garet cheated at the beginning...] Anyway, the roller skating was HILARIOUS! It has been so long since either of us have done that - I'm sure there were people laughing at us, but we had a great time! This weekend we are going to cookout and do the cake and stuff.