Thursday, July 10, 2008

A doghouse...

So... we now have this awesome fenced in backyard - but do I really want to make Suzi an outside dog for most of the day???? I think I do.

We are trying to go down to a 4 day work week at work, so that would mean longer days the 4 days we would work AND a shorter lunch. Right now either Garet or I drive all the way home to let our poor lonely pup outside to do her thing at lunch, then drive all the way back to work (about a 20 min drive for me one way). To do the shorter work weeks there would be no way I could go home for lunch, and with Garet's schedule it wouldn't be a guarentee he could either. SO I thought "Duh, lets get a doghouse and leave Suzi outside all day while we're at work!"

BUT she is used to being an indoor dog, so I think we will have to acclimate her to being outside in the heat all day. And as you can see in a previous post, Suzi really doesn't know what to do outside by herself, except look inside at us... Not only that but I am an overprotective mom and don't want my sweet [spoiled] dog to have to sit outside in the heat all day. I mean just look at how happy she is inside...

So I am trying to talk myself into it, because I think she will LOVE it and it would be great for us too. Hopefully I can find a doghouse this weekend and start getting her used to the outside!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Do you think she would like a baby pool full of water. She could sit in there and cool off! I think she will be fine once she gets use to it.