Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Surprised...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, Garet has been out of town again. He was in Nashville for a big national meeting, and he wasn't supposed to get home until this afternoon - BUT he surprised me and came home last night =) sounds sweet right? Well let me set up the scene for you:

Garet's phone died like Monday afternoon and he didn't take his charger... so Monday evening and Tuesday all day he was using other people's phones to call me. Well last night (Tuesday) I was almost asleep, it was like 10:30 and Garet called from a friends phone. I barely remember our conversation... but we got off the phone saying "Good night, love you, see you tomorrow..." At about 12:30 p.m. I heard some banging (which ended up being Suzi's tail hitting the refrigerator - she gets really excited and her tail just starts flying around) I sat up and saw that a light had been turned on in the kitchen??? "How the heck did Suzi cut on the light??" I thought - So I jumped out of bed looked in the kitchen and saw a man!!! I screamed and fell down, giving my knee a scrape on the carpet in the process! Oh yeah, it was my sweet, wonderful, husband coming home early to surprise me. He couldn't call cause his phone was dead - boy was I awake after that!!!

Seriously, I am really glad to have him back =)

No comments: