Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Trip to Charlotte...

Garet and I made the trip to Charlotte over the weekend. Friday Garet had a meeting in Birmingham, so we didn't leave until he got back home from that. We ended up getting everything in the car, ate dinner, had showers and were in the car driving by around 8:30 Friday night. We had already decided we would stop at a hotel to cut the trip in half. On Saturday we were up and back on the road by 6:30, so we arrived at my parents house by 11:30 on Saturday afternoon. When we got there we both got showers and started to get ready for Justin and Jessica's wedding that night. Garet had to be there by 4:00 so we had time to relax for a bit. My cousin Christine stopped by to see us, I don't think I've seen her since Thanksgiving!!! Garet and I were all ready to go by 3:30 - and we were off to the wedding.


Here is Garet's famous photography move, at least he got everyone :)


Garet and I about to go to the wedding

Justin and Jessica

The Moore's

Me and Justine! This was my college roommate - I love her!

The next day, Garet decided he wanted to drive my dad's car [bus/van/truck?? I don't know what to call it] I should explain: My dad bought a Volkswagen Bus a while back - like maybe 10 years ago. He fell in love with them, and has since bought more, I think he has 4 of them now... anyway, they are all stick shift, so Garet wanted to see if he remembered how to drive stick - I HAD to snap some pictures of him!
Getting in the VW Bus

Peace Dude
We had fun! I will have to post the rest of the pictures tomorrow. It was great to see some of our old friends at the wedding - some of them I hadn't seen since college! And it was hilarious to see Garet driving around my dads car/bus! He had a good time once he got the hang of it.
More later...

1 comment:

stevespeirs said...

Love the Bus...

--steve
--www.iwantavolkswagenbus.com