Monday, July 27, 2009

Birthday weekend...

We had a really good weekend! Friday Garet got home from Atlanta - and actually made it home before I did! I made him a 12 layer cake (per request from the birthday boy). Actually it ended up being a 10 layer cake. For some reason my layers were thicker than the last time I made them... so I had to stop at 10 or it wouldn't have fit in my cake holder! You can see an extra layer in the background of this picture!
We did a hike in the Land Trust on Saturday. We also went to the mall and did some shopping. If you know me, you know I am NOT a fan of shopping! But I had a couple coupons that were about to expire, and Garet had some birthday money to spend, so it was a nice shopping trip.

Yesterday was pretty uneventful. Garet and I just had a blast hanging out together! We went to lunch after church and ended up seeing a lot of our friends at the restaurant. The rest of the day was just us hanging out and talking. Weekends always go by way too fast!

Last week I didn't get a chance to post this but Garet chopped ALL of our firewood from our trees! We are set this winter!!
This week is probably going to be a busy one for both of us at work. Next weekend Garet's mom is coming for a visit! Yay!

No comments: