Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Time flies...

This week we have been in Huntsville for 3 years! Wow! It does and doesn't feel like it has been 3 years! A lot has happened during that time! Here we are up on Monte Sano Mountain... this is where we lived for the first 1 1/2 years here...
We sounded so crazy to people (and actually still probably do!) when we told them what we were doing. Long story short - after our honeymoon, we put our house in Wilmington up for rent and set out on a road trip to figure out where to live. We drove around the south for a little over 2 weeks, staying the night in different towns, getting real estate agents to show us around, having an adventure :) At the end of 2 weeks we decided: Huntsville, Alabama it is! I think everyone was shocked - including us!



Turns out this place is great! We have made some good friends, and there is definitely no shortage on outdoor things-to-do which we love! This is the longest we have stayed in one place since we've met! Maybe it's time to move again.... :)



On a side note: I did finish the cork board project and it turned out great! Too bad Garet took our camera, I'll have to remember to post some pictures later! Tonight I have a date with So You Think You Can Dance!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I live on Monte Sano, but I can't figure out where the picture at the top was made. Could you tell me? It's beautiful. I'm glad you like Huntsville! I'm a native!

Kelly said...

The picture was taken at the overlook near the campground. If you walk to the right of where we took the picture you would come to the cabins.