Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Too long...

It's been WAY too long! FIVE years ago today, Garet and I left for a huge adventure! We went to live on St. John, USVI. I cannot believe it has been 5 years ago!!

Just let me reminisce for a moment...

I don't even know what the heck my parents were thinking as they dropped us off at the airport! :) We had about 5 enormous duffel bags (seriously - they looked like body bags!), we ate breakfast and then were on our way to the Caribbean! When we got to the airport, they immediately had you shots, then it was a mad house to try and get all of our duffels together and into a taxi! We got to Charlotte Amalie in St. Thomas and had to take a ferry to St. John. This was the ferry:
Oh, did I mention that I had NEVER been to the Caribbean before?? Yep my first time going was to live for a year. Good times... so carefree! Here we are celebrating a month of living on the island:
I swear I could look at these pictures all day! We woke up at 4:30 in the morning to hike Ram's Head and catch the sun coming up... it was so beautiful and peaceful!
One of our favorite beaches - Francis Bay



Here was our Christmas card that year! My favorite part is the snorkelers in the background! We always laughed at tourists!! Note: if you are visiting and you want to go snorkeling, do NOT put your flippers on while you are still on the sand! It will result in the locals laughing at you trying to walk into the ocean with big flippers on your feet! Actually do it - it is very amusing!
Here is one of my favorite pictures! This was taken from our shower... yep our shower. We had an outside shower. It had 3 walls, this is the open side. It had just rained and there was this beautiful rainbow!
It's been too long!! We should go back again!! This is us on our most recent trip back... which was over a year ago!

Why did we move back again???????

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You moved back so that you could meet US! It was all in the plan :) Those are absolutely beautiful pictures. I want to go to St. John now!