Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sad good-bye...

My brother and Kailey left on Monday morning.  A few months ago, I blogged about Eric joining the Marines and starting bootcamp.  Well, the time is almost here.  He leaves at the end of this month to go to bootcamp.
This made it really hard for me to see them leave.  Honestly I have no idea when I am going to see him again.  I know that sounds dramatic, but with Baby Beane due in September, I will be stuck in Huntsville at the end of August when he graduates from bootcamp (13 weeks after he starts).  Then he's off to combat training (for about 10 days).  Then off to California for school (for a few weeks).  Then he is placed wherever they want to put him. 
So I hugged him as much as I could =)  I am so thankful that they got to come visit!  I wish it could have been for longer!  Really I just wish I lived closer so I could see him (and my whole family) more!  He is so excited about this - it makes is a lot easier for me to be excited for him.  We spent a lot of time talking about the Marines and what he will have to do.  It makes it better knowing what he is about to go through.  He gave me some websites that I can look at... one of them shows exactly what he will be doing each day he is at bootcamp.  It looks rough to me, and I know I would never be able to hang!  but Eric is going to do great!  I am so proud of him!

He has let his hair grow out so that when he gets there they have something to shave off!  I miss him so much already!

No comments: