Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The weekend...

We had such a wonderful visit with my parents this past weekend!  It is always so nice to have family visit!
First off we got the crib!!  (I'll post a picture later I promise!)  Garet and my dad put it together on Saturday morning.  It looks soo good! 

We really didn't have any plans for the weekend.  My parents have visited enough to where we've showed them pretty much everything =)  So we were able to just relax!  Garet has had day and night camps for the past two weeks.  In the camps the little cub scouts got to shoot BB guns.  Garet has a BB gun that was at my parents house, so they brought it with them when they came.

Dad, Garet and I all took turns shooting at some targets.  And can I say, I was actually pretty good.  I made a bulls eye (after a few "practice" shots)!  I don't think I've ever shot a BB gun before.  Garet was picking on me because I looked funny being pregnant with a gun...
We went out to dinner on Saturday night and then went to church on Sunday.  Sunday was also Father's Day!  It was nice to have my dad here to celebrate - and of course, Garet!  Even though Colin hasn't been born yet, he is a dad =)  Mom and I treated the guys to lunch.  We really went all out and got subs from Subway. 

Garet and I love going up on Monte Sano Mountain, so we took our lunches up there and ate.  It was hot, but in the shade on the mountain it was actually really nice! 
When Eric and Kailey were visiting, Kailey mentioned that she had seen that somewhere sold peanut butter milk shakes.  I LOVE peanut butter!  When she said that I knew I HAD to have some!  Well, I had no idea where to get it... so we went to the store and just got some peanut butter ice cream.  About a week or so after they had left, Kailey sent me a text of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Ice Cream, and said it was wonderful!  So, I went out and got some... and she was right.  Wonderful! 

All of that to say... guess what we got at the store Sunday?????
Yum!  For dinner that night, mom and I cooked (well let's just say I started helping, then decided that Colin really needed me to lay on the couch and close my eyes for a little bit...) and for desert, we had confetti cupcakes and ice cream.  I made the cupcakes... they're Garet's favorite
Like always, the weekend went by too fast.  My parents brought about 3 garbage bags FULL of clothes for Colin!  (They were given to my mom!)  So we I got to go through those.  So fun!  I really am not going to have to buy this boy any clothes for at least the first year!  And only one more month and we'll see them again!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You look so great! Love that black dress! And did you get Ben and Jerry's this week at Publix? It was BOGO and we got some too!

Can't wait to see the crib!