Thursday, July 1, 2010

A year ago...

A year ago today we got a call from the doctor telling us that we were (finally!) pregnant... just over a week later that same doctor confirmed that we were going to miscarry.  What a roller coaster.  It was after that when Garet and I opened up to our most of our friends and family that we were dealing with infertility, before that only a handful of people knew. 

It is truly amazing to look back and see God working in Garet and my life.  We leaned SO heavily on Him to get us through that tough time in our life.  It is still hard to think about.  Garet and I also leaned so much on each other.  We really grew so much stronger through such a hard struggle.  It is hard to even admit, but God really used infertility to bring us closer to each other, and especially closer to Him.  I don't think I have ever prayed so hard in my life!  And I am so thankful for that.

It is such a blessing now, that even as I type this, there is a little miracle kicking away in me right now!  I am overwhelmed by this wonderful gift that God has given us.  I debated about whether to even post this, but I did, really, because I don't ever want to forget.  I don't want to forget the path we were put on and I don't want to forget how close it brought me to Him.  I don't even want to forget the pain of the wait, and the pain of a loss... it helped me open up to people about infertility and because of that I have met some truly amazing women.  It also helped me realize how so very blessed we are and not to take it for granted!   

One of my favorites:
Philippians 4:6-7 "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you posted this too! What an amazing testimony you have now and how the Lord will use you guys to minister to others facing similar things. I'm so excited about little Colin. I know some of us have prayed dearly for him :)

Wife, Mama, Meghan said...

Thank you for sharing. What a beautiful post, it brought tears to my eyes. I continue to pray for you and little man, and Garet too ;)