Thursday, April 25, 2013

Addison...

An update on our girl =)
I am now 37 weeks pregnant... and feeling every bit of it!  Everyone keeps asking, "Are you ready??"  and my answer is, "Physically, yes... emotionally, no."  Ha!  I am feeling pretty good overall.  I am aching and it's hard to breath but the main thing is braxton hicks contractions.  I have them a LOT!  I did with Colin too and the doctor isn't worried, but they are just uncomfortable.  I am having a hard time sleeping, but I guess I need to get used to that again! 

I am trying hard not to imagine what it's going to be like with 2 kids... that tends to overwhelm me!  I am also trying not to think about the fact that Colin won't be our only child anymore - that's what I mean by emotionally NOT ready!  I can cry just thinking about the time I won't be able to devote just to Colin.  So we won't talk about it, mmkay.

Here I am at 36 weeks:
 
And just to compare, here I was with Colin at 36 weeks:
 
I have actually gained about 10 pounds LESS this time around at this point.  I attribute that to chasing around a toddler!  =)
 
We are VERY excited to welcome our daughter.  I have embraced the pink and am looking forward to having a little girl!  I think Colin is going to be an awesome big brother.  He talks about Addison a lot and likes to pat my belly. 
 
I am almost finished with the nursery and (just like with Colin's room) I love to just hang out in there.  As soon as I figure out where to hang a couple frames I will post pictures.  I also realized that I never posted about the shower I had in Charlotte! 
 
This is a picture of me with family and my BFF, Marsha, before the shower started:

I really don't have any pictures of the actual shower... but here is Colin sneaking some blueberries =)
 
Afterwards all the kids went outside to play - the shower was at my parents house.  I love this picture of Colin and Morgan playing in the sand... look at that little tush =)
 
My mom, me and Kailey!
 
Addison got lots of great things!  And, as always, it was so nice to see everyone! 
A week ago my girlfriends here took me out to dinner and dessert and had a small shower for me too!
 
It is a phone picture, but it's all I have right now.  I love hanging out with these girls!  And am so so blessed I have met them here!  It is always so much fun when we go out!
 
Addison is already so loved.  We are now just waiting to meet her! 

No comments: