Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Landscaping...

Garet and I had a very productive weekend! On Saturday, we decided to do some landscaping in our backyard. I'm sure some of you remember that Suzi had "landscaped" last summer... if you need reminded of that you can read about it here, here, and here - good times.

Looking back I realized that I didn't have any pictures of Suzi's project, so here is our yard on the day that she did her thing:

Just imagine how muddy she was!!! - man I was mad!
Anyway... we ended up just kinda smoothing the dirt around, and hoping that grass would grow back, well it didn't. So we figured we would just have to put some plants or bushes there and mulch. First let me start by saying that Garet and I have never done any kind of landscaping like this before, so we were pretty darn proud of ourselves.
We figured that since our grass is just starting to grow, from being dead all winter, we should get on it. We bought some boxwoods and hydrangea (which I LOVE!) Saturday night Garet had to work, so we didn't get to finish everything. So Sunday, after we got home from church we got to work! Sorry the picture is dark, but we didn't finish until about 7 that night.
I want to mix in some flowers or something. We didn't put the plants under the windows since they are supposed to grow up to about 4 feet - so I need to put something in to fill that area. It looks so much better! Now if our grass would just keep getting greener!

So now I am just really really sore! My back, legs, arms, pretty much everything - maybe this means I am out of shape?

3 comments:

Amanda said...

looks great! I can't wait to landscape. It just makes everything so much cleaner. Can't wait to see your hydrangea in full bloom!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Can't wait to see everything..It looks like Suzi's checking out your work!
Love, Mom

Carrie said...

That looks great! I haven't been able to read your blog in so long....I was just catching up!